Lavender popsicles can settle your nerves and set your mind at ease as well as give you a protein boost. Try this recipe with store-bought culinary lavender, lavender tea, or your own home-grown lavender flowers.
These lavender popsicles are made from lavender-infused yogurt and are calming, protein-rich and a refreshing addition to your weekend brunch table.
Table of Contents For this Post
They are not hard to make, just mix a favorite yogurt with lavender tea or culinary extract.
How Healthy is Lavender?
Studies show that lavender has many benefits: relieving stress, improving mood, supports sleep, reduces inflammation, eliminates dandruff, and soothe stomach upset.
Lavender is actually from the mint family. The most common lavender plant is Lavandula angustifolia.
Regarding stress-relief, studies show that lavender offers multiple benefits. [source]
1. relieves stress, anxiety, depression
2. reduces insomnia
3. is an anti-inflammatory. Adding lavender tea to a bath can sooth inflamed muscles and create a calming scent.
4. clears skin aliments. Add dried or fresh buds and water to a spray bottle and spray irritations like rashes or bug bites to sooth them.
5. calms an upset stomach. The polyphenols found in lavender buds are known to reduce harmful bacteria and gas in the gut.
6. reduces bloating and cramping.
Use Lavender Tea Bags or Fresh Lavender
I used quality lavender tea bags but fresh lavender would be fine to work with too if you have it. Soon I plan to plant a fresh lavender garden! This is the version I will plant:
How to Make Lavender Popsicles
step 1. Make the tea. Either use tea bags or steep 3 tsp of culinary lavender into ½ cup of just-boiled hot water and let steep for 3 minutes or let it cool. Either use a tea defuser or pour through a sieve to get clean liquid which is your lavender tea.
step 2. Allow the tea to cool and blend ingredients until creamy.
step 3. Pour into a mold.
step 4. Freeze my popsicles for 30 minutes and then slip in the sticks. Freeze overnight.
Here Are Other Lavender Recipes
Here are Other Popsicles to Try
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
- Boil water to make lavender tea. Let it steep ten minutes and then let it cool.
- Add the tea and all ingredients to a blender, and process.
- Pour mixture into molds. Freeze for ½ hour and then insert sticks.
- Freeze mold at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- To remove pops, dip mold into a pot of hot water without allowing water to spill over top and reach popsicles.
- Tug at each pop and wrap in parchment paper and store in freezer.