Sooth your senses and boost protein with lavender popsicles made with fresh lavender tea and creamy yogurt. Mix and freeze for a chill, nutritious treat.
These lavender popsicles are made from lavender-infused yogurt and are calming, protein-rich and a refreshing addition to your weekend brunch table. They are not hard to make, just mix a favorite yogurt with lavender tea. Like more interesting tea recipes? Try my Magnolia Tea Smoothie.
Why You'll Love These
Studies show that lavender has many benefits: relieving stress, improving mood, supports sleep, reduces inflammation, eliminates dandruff, and soothe stomach upset.
Lavender tea. I made my tea from tea bags.
Yogurt. I used coconut yogurt. Use dairy-free to keep the popsicles vegan.
Lemon juice. Brings a fresh tang to the popsicles.
Maple syrup. This is the refined-sugar-free sweetener, but you can use your own favorite sweetener or none at all.
All About Lavender
Lavender is actually from the mint family. The most common lavender plant is Lavandula angustifolia. Regarding stress-relief, studies show that lavender offers multiple benefits. [source]
1. relieves stress, anxiety, depression
2. reduces insomnia
3. is an anti-inflammatory. Adding lavender tea to a bath can sooth inflamed muscles and create a calming scent.
4. clears skin aliments. Add dried or fresh buds and water to a spray bottle and spray irritations like rashes or bug bites to sooth them.
5. calms an upset stomach. The polyphenols found in lavender buds are known to reduce harmful bacteria and gas in the gut.
6. reduces bloating and cramping.
Steps to Make
step 1. Make the tea. Add two tea bags to a cup of just-boiled water and let the mug steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags, discard and allow the tea to cool before using it for this recipe.
step 2. Allow the tea to cool and blend ingredients until creamy.
step 3. Pour into a mold.
step 4. Freeze my popsicles for 30 minutes and then slip in the sticks. Freeze overnight.
1.To use loose tea to make the lavender tea, let 3 teaspoon of culinary lavender steep in 1 cup of just-boiled hot water for 10 minutes. Strain and reserve the clean liquid as our lavender tea.
2. The higher the fat content of the yogurt, the creamier the popsicles. I used coconut yogurt, but any yogurt works.
More Lavender Recipes
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
- Boil water to make lavender tea. Let 2 tea bags steep ten minutes and then let it cool.1 cup fresh lavender tea
- Add the tea and all ingredients to a blender, and process.1 ½ cup yogurt, 3 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pour mixture into molds. Freeze for ½ hour and then insert sticks.
- Freeze mold at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- To remove pops, dip mold into a pot of hot water without allowing water to spill over top and reach popsicles.
- Tug at each pop and wrap in parchment paper and store in freezer.