A bright lavender lemon smoothie fresh and easy to make. It is creamy and citrus-y, has turmeric, and can lower your anxiety, boost your immunity as well as help you feel full, aiding in weight-loss.
Lavender Lemon Smoothie
This lemon smoothie is powerful in flavor and nutrition. Lemon and lavender together can cleanse, energize and reduce your stress. Add in turmeric to add immunity boosting to the list of this smoothie's credentials.
Table of Contents For this Post
In addition, lemons also provide vitamin C which improves your skin, supports weight loss, assists digestion, and even prevents kidney stones.
How Does This Lemon Smoothie Taste?
But this smoothie isn't all about health. It tastes bright and citrusy as well. To up the citrus flavor, increase the amount of lemon juice you add. I use lemon juice from a bottle these days, a quality organic brand because I just drink too much lemon juice to be squeezing them.
How Healthy is Lavender?
Lavender is known to lower heart rate and reduce blood pressure, essentially helping you feel calm. And the lime?
I like to add it to any citrus recipe because its sweetness tempers the lemon sour flavor. I also add a bit of turmeric to turn it yellow and provide its ability to lower anxiety.
How Healthy is Lemon?
It's common knowledge that lemon is high in vitamin C and that is an immunity-booster for sure! But did you know also how essential vitamin C is for the function of the brain? Yep!
An NIH study explains how much vitamin C supports the brain, especially repairing it, including during healing after a concussion.
Specifically, vitamin C is essential in the body's production of Glutathione, an antioxidant essential to helping repair the brain.
And this recipe is not just valuable nutritionally, and because it's pretty. It is also wonderful because of its scent: A strong lemon smell, mixed with fresh lavender!
Join My Smoothie Challenge
While we are talking smoothies, I'll just pop in here and invite you to my FREE 6-Day Smoothie Challenge. I email you recipes and you make them, drink them and feel awesome. Sound good?
Sign up by simply dropping your email in the sign-up box and you’ll receive an email with a welcome instructions and grocery list so you can begin as soon as you’d like.
How to Make this Lemon Smoothie
This lemon smoothie is so easy to make.
Just make tea, blend up ingredients and drink. The mango turns the yogurt fairly yellow, but to intensify the yellow, add a ½ tsp of turmeric. And, optionally, I added the zest of both lemons and whole culinary lavender buds to the top.
Can This Smoothie Be Made Without Yogurt?
Yes, I don't include yogurt because I use zucchini to thicken instead. If you need to sweeten it, add some green grapes, they won't change the color. You can also add lime juice. Lime tends to give you the illusion that something is sweeter than it is.
Can Leafy Greens Be Added to This Smoothie?
Yes, but the color will change to green or darken, but if you use a high-speed blender and toss in baby spinach or even baby kale to increase potassium. The flavor won't change at all.
Lemon Smoothie FAQS
This lemon smoothie is:
- Supports Weight-loss
- Reduces Anxiety
- Easy to Make
Is this Lemon Smoothie Vegan & Dairy-Free?
As are all my smoothies, this lemon smoothie recipe is vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Other Lemon Recipes To Check Out
Other healthy Drinks to Try
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Perhaps use this image...
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Lavender Lemon Smoothie
- 1 cup yogurt (I have used coconut and homemade cashew, but find other flavors of plant-based yogurt at most grocers)
- ½ cup lemon juice organic bottled is fine
- ½ cup mango (frozen, for sweetness and thick texture)
- ½ cup zucchini (peeled, uncooked, organic, frozen)
- ¼ cup lavender tea I use these tea bags
- ½ tsp ground turmeric (to help lower anxiety and color)
- ¼ cup green grapes (optional, for added sweetness)
- ½ tsp ginger root (fresh, peeled, crushed with garlic press)
- ½ tsp culinary lavender buds (to sprinkle on top)
- 2 tbsp zest off organic lemons (to sprinkle on top)
- Peel the zucchini. Chop and freeze the prior night.
- Make lavender tea and set aside to cool.
Make Lemon Smoothie
- Blend all, serve chilled with lemon zest and lavender buds on top for a strong scent as you spoon!
- Drink your smoothie right away, or store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for one night. Or freeze in ice cube trays to be blended again another day.