Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles. Creamy dreamy fudgey party. This popsicle is so tasty, it has me breaking into song! Or writing poetry.
Seriously, I can’t keep these pops in the freezer. Even as I mix the mixture, family members seem to appear mysteriously, and try to steal spoonfuls when I am not looking. I don’t know what makes it so tasty: the dates, the chocolate, the cashews, the avo? Maybe the combo?
And should we discuss the nutritional value of these babies? The fiber and nutrients from dates, the magnesium and mood-boosting aspects of chocolate, the creamy protein from cashews and the endless nutritional value of avocados.
No, we don’t need to talk about it.
In fact, let’s stop talking and make these pops!
makes about 2 1/2 cups or 10 popsicles
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 cup homemade date paste for pops (my recipe below*)
- 1 avocado
- 1 (3.17oz) 85% cacao chocolate bar (I use this vegan brand — 72% and 60% also work well, but increase sweetness)
- I use this popsicle mold
2. Melt the chocolate in a pot that is IN a pot of boiling water.
3. Combine all ingredients in blender, blend smooth, pour chocolate layer into molds, pop in freezer for 15 minutes, then insert sticks. Sometimes I top with granola or coconut or chips, your choice. Freeze pops 4 hours or overnight.
4. To remove, dip mold in a pot of hot water and tug until they slide out. It’s quite a process, don’t let anyone tell you removing is easy. BUT once they are out, eat!