Mango coconut overnight oats are a tropical healthy breakfast that is full of wholesome ingredients. With yogurt, chia seeds, fresh fruit and coconut, these overnight oats are easy to make ahead.
Mango coconut overnight oats are a creamy cool breakfast and with the addition of shredded coconut, can make you feel like you are on a tropical vacation. Overnight oats involved soaking rolled oats in milk overnight to create a chilled, thick and creamy oatmeal. Just like many of my easy breakfast recipes, overnight oats are simple to make with ingredients probably in your kitchen right now.
Why You'll Love These
Easy to make ahead. Overnight oats with mango and coconut can be made ahead about three days' worth. After that they get a little rubbery. If you like fruity overnight oats, try my overnight oats with frozen fruit.
Healthy & nutritious. Overnight oats are full of fiber and other nutrition, while mango is also rich in fiber and vitamin C.
A breakfast for all. This easy mango coconut oatmeal recipe is vegan, dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free provided you use dairy free milk and yogurt.
1. Rolled oats: Use old fashioned rolled oats. Quick oats can work, but steel cut oats do not work for overnight oats because they require cooking. Be sure to rinse the oats briefly to remove digestion-interfering phytates.
2. Dairy free milk: Choose your favorite milk.
3. Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a nutritious addition, but optional.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt is also optional, but it adds a creamy flavor and more protein.
5. Lemon juice: Add a little lemon juice because it deactivate phytates in oats that sometimes interfere with digestion.
6. Maple syrup: Or choose your favorite liquid sweetener such as agave, date paste or date syrup.
7: Fresh mango. Fresh is best, but frozen works too if you let it defrost before you eat it.
- Measuring cups, spoons
- Oats container with a cover
Step by Step Instructions
Here are general steps to make this recipe. For specific measurements and instructions, scroll down to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe card.
Step 1: Add rolled oats to a strainer and pour water over them briefly. You want to give the rolled oats a quick rinse to remove the dust from the flakes.
Step 2: Add all basic overnight oats ingredients (no mango yet) to a container and stir with a spoon to break up clumps.
Step 3: Chill the oats covered for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Step 4: The next day, or when you intend to eat the oats, add a layer of mango to a jar, then add a layer of chilled oats, and top off with more mango and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Eat right away.
- Seal the container well so the oats don't dry out while chilling.
- Taste-test the oats. Once you've mixed the basic oats recipe, taste the oats to be sure they are sweet enough for you and if not, add a bit more sweetener.
- Overnight oats need to be chilled at least 2 hours.
- Make mango coconut overnight oats with fresh or frozen mango.
Add a ¼ cup of pineapple to further the tropical flavors.
Leave off the chia seeds and yogurt for a thinner texture.
Other additions. Add macadamian nuts, and coconut flakes to add additional crunch and protein.
How to Store
Refrigerated. Mango coconut overnight oats can last 3 days covered and in the refrigerator.
Make Ahead. It's easy to make ahead three days of breakfasts to be ready to grab and go. You can chill it in a covered jar like a mason jar, or these overnight oats jars, and bring it to work or school. Don't eat overnight oats that have been left at room temperature for more than two hours.
Freeze. Technically prepared overnight oats can be frozen and thawed, but since it takes the same amount of time to make them fresh and chill, it's better, if possible, to just make them fresh.
Mango is an excellent filling fruit to add to oats for a fast healthy breakfast. Overnight oats made with rolled oats already provides fiber. Mangoes add more, and a sweet flavor.
Other Overnight Oats Recipes
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit
If you tried these mango coconut overnight oats or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Add rolled oats to a strainer and pour water over them briefly. You want a quick rinse to remove the dust from the flakes.
- Add all basic overnight oats ingredients to a jar, including the rinsed oats, and stir with a spoon to break up clumps.½ cup rolled oats (40g), ½ cup dairy free milk (118ml), 2 tablespoon yogurt, ½ tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon lemon juice*, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Cover and chill the overnight oats for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, layer mango in a cup, add a layer of overnight oats, and top with more mango and shredded coconut. Enjoy!¼ cup mango chunks (40g), 2 teaspoon coconut, shredded
Other additions. Add macadamian nuts, and coconut flakes to add additional crunch and protein. Overnight oats need to be chilled at least 2 hours, although they will be creamier chilled over night. Overnight oats with fresh mango can last 3 days covered and in the refrigerator.