Bailey’s has come up with a vegan version of their sweet creamy liqueur, Baileys Almande, and I celebrated by building it into a chocolate cream and cookie parfait! Bailey’s for breakfast anyone?
Vegan Baileys Chocolate Cream Parfaits.
I remember a coffee shop in Vermont during my college days, there were hanging plants everywhere and blond wood tables. My friends and I loved to visit after long work days, gathering to chat and down the shop’s signature drink. That was a tiny dark chocolate cup filled with a sweet Baileys liqueur.
But then I moved into a plant-based diet, and alas, non-vegan foods went out the window, traditional Baileys included.
So imagine my joy when I learned that Baileys created a plant-based version, specifically called Baileys Almande, sweet with the special Bailey’s flavor and an interesting almond element.
Right away I thought of those tiny chocolate cups. I decided though this sweet creamy liqueur would be better in a creamy parfait. A kind of chocolate parfait with cookies crumbles and sweet chocolate & vanilla cream with hints of Baileys.
In case you are wondering, this blog post is not sponsored. Baileys sponsored an IG post recently and the reaction was so strong I realized my blog followers too might want to know about this plant-based liquor.
And so here we are, I hope you take the time to enjoy this little treat! Are you on Pinterest? Perhaps you might like to share this image..
or this one..
I invite you to keep up with me on: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Food Gawker | Twitter
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Vegan Baileys Chocolate Cream Parfaits
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight or use 1 cup light canned coconut milk - it's creamy and light doesn't taste like coconut)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (no need to soak) or use more cashews
- 2 dates pitted
- 1/2 cup Baileys Almande "vegan" liqueur chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar melted
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Soak the cashews overnight submerged in water and refrigerated. Rinse the next day before making sweet cream. If overnight soaking is an issue, use 1 cup of canned light coconut milk instead. Shake the can; you don't want it separated.
Make Sweet Cream
- Blend all ingredients until creamy. Add a little chilled plant milk if the mixture seems too dry. Split the mixture in half. Melt the chocolate in a pot that is IN a pot of boiling water. Stir the melted chocolate into one half the mixture so you have a portion of sweet cream that is vanilla, and a portion that is chocolate.
Make the Parfait
- Crush some chocolate wafer cookies for a bottom layer, spoon the vanilla and chocolate cream in alternating layers.
- Open the can of coconut milk, and pour off the liquid. Wisk up the remaining coconut cream with the maple syrup. If you want even more Baileys, add some Baileys Almande to this too! Put the mixture in a bakery bag with a piping tip, and create a spiral on the top of each parfait.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.