But then I moved into a plant-based diet, and alas, non-vegan foods went out the window, traditional Baileys included.
So imagine my joy when I learned that Baileys created a plant-based version, specifically called Baileys Almande, sweet with the special Bailey’s flavor and an interesting almond element.
Right away I thought of those tiny chocolate cups and decided though this sweet creamy liqueur would be perfect in a creamy parfait, a kind of chocolate parfait with cookies crumbles and sweet chocolate & vanilla cream with hints of Baileys. In case you are wondering, this blog post is not sponsored. Baileys sponsored an IG post recently and the reaction was so strong I realized my vegan blog followers too would want to know about it. And so here we are, I hope you take the time to enjoy this little treat!
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or use more cashews)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup Baileys Almande “vegan” liqueur (chilled)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (or more to make it creamy)
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, melted (86% cacao or higher) (I use this vegan brand)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 can chilled coconut milk (I use this brand)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
2. Build the parfait: Crush some chocolate wafer cookies for a bottom layer, spoon the vanilla and chocolate cream in alternating layers.
3. The creamy top: Open the can of coconut milk, and pour off the liquid. Wisk up the remaining coconut cream with the maple syrup. If you want even more Baileys, add some Baileys Almande to this too! Put in a bakery bag with a piping tip, and create a spiral on the top of each parfait
Serve chilled and enjoy!
Comment here or tag me on Instagram if you make any of these recipes! And if you want to share, use the sharing tabs above and below the recipe! Thank you!