These Baileys cookies & cream parfaits are made of layers of chocolate and vanilla cream infused with the famed cream almond flavored liqueur, layered with cookie crumbs. Or remove the alcohol by swapping it out for maple syrup and almond milk!
These Baileys cookies & cream parfaits are made of decadent cream layers both vanilla and chocolate, with crushed oreos and whipped cream on top. They are the perfect liquored dessert showcasing the commercial liqueur, Baileys Almande, the almond milk version of the famed Irish cream.
Baileys Almande drink brings a sweet and milky flavor with notes of vanilla, chocolate, and an Irish whisky finish. But if you don't want to use an alcoholic base, just use milk and maple syrup and it's still delicious.
Baileys Irish Cream – Baileys is an Irish whiskey in a milky base sold commercially by Baileys, a European company. They have come out with a dairy free and vegan version, under the name of Baileys Almande that contains almond milk. Either Bailey's Irish Cream version work in this recipe, or use an almond milk coffee creamer or just almond milk with maple syrup.
Cashew Cream - A delicious cream made from blended cashews and sweetened with dates, vanilla, and cocoa with the addition of the liquor to give the cream a delicious Irish cream flavor.
Oreo Cookies - These cookies add crunch and a sweet chocolate flavor. If you don't have oreos, use any chocolate cookie that crumbles well.
Whipped Cream - I love coconut whipped cream but you are welcome to use your favorite.
How to Make
Step 1: Make Cashew Cream. The longest step in this recipe is soaking the cashews so they blend easily into a cream. To soak your cashews quickly, cover them with just-boiled hot water and let set for 10 minutes. Then blend them with dates, vanilla and water.
Step 2: Add the Bailey's Irish cream. Add the Irish cream to the cashew cream and blend until smooth. Divide the cream in half, and blend half with cocoa so now you have both vanilla and chocolate cashew cream.
Step 3: Assemble Parfaits. Into two jars, crush the Oreos for a bottom layer, then spoon the vanilla cashew cream and chocolate cashew cream in alternating layers. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top. Add whipped cream to a piping bag and tip, and create a spiral on the top of each parfait.
Serve chilled and enjoy!
Baileys liqueur - not to worry if you don't want to add Baileys Irish cream. Just substitute with almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
cashew cream - Cashew cream can be replaced with yogurt or ice cream or coconut cream.
dates - Dates are used to sweeten cashew cream but maple syrup can be used instead. Use this ratio: 1 date = 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
Oreos - These go back and forth on whether they are vegan, so be sure to use a version that is or use any cookie, a sandwich cookie or not is fine.
Tips & Tricks
1.When making cashew cream, make sure the nuts are unsalted and unroasted so they cream properly.
2. Be sure to use a high speed blender to cream up the cashew cream. A food processor will leave it grainy but can be used in a pinch. Scrap down the blender jar so you don't waste a bit of cream.
3. If presenting this as a dessert or breakfast brunch treat, wait until the last minute to assemble so that the crumbs are not soggy and the whipped cream doesn't droop.
4. To crush the oreos, put them in a storage bag, set it on a cutting board to protect counters, and bang with the heel of a heavy glass or bottle. Or you can pulse them in a food processor.
Make Ahead & Storage
The cashew cream without the liquor can be made a week ahead and refrigerated. Or even frozen in ice cube trays to be blended later. But don't add the liquor until the day of serving.
Is There A Vegan Baileys?
Yes, that's what I used in this recipe. The European company, Baileys, came out with their vegan version, Baileys Almande, in 2018. They also produced a dairy-free version using honey came out in 2017 but it has honey so it's not vegan. The vegan version lasts about 2 years at room temperature, even if opened.
What Alcohol is in Baileys?
Baileys is considered an Irish Cream, so it contains Irish cream liqueur, with a creamy base, cocoa and Irish whiskey.
How Strong is the Alcohol in Vegan Baileys?
Baileys Almande is 13% alcohol so if you drink it straight, you'll feel intoxicated by the 4th shot.
Other Cashew Recipes
Subscribe HERE to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Baileys Cookies & Cream Parfaits
Cookies & Cream Parfait Elements
- ⅓ cup Baileys Almande liqueur Or use almond milk + 3 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup cashew cream (recipe below)
- 4 oreo cookies
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted, unroasted
- 5 dates
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup water plus 2 more tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- To soak your cashews quickly, cover them with just-boiled hot water and let set for 10 minutes.
Make Cashew Cream
- Combine all ingredients for the cashew cream and the Bailey's Almande liqueur into a blender, blend until smooth.⅓ cup Baileys Almande liqueur, 1 cup cashews, unsalted, unroasted, 5 dates, 2 teaspoon vanilla, ⅓ cup water, pinch salt
- Taste for sweetness, adding an extra date for added sweetness if desired. And taste for liquor - if you want a stronger Irish cream flavor add a touch more. Add a tablespoon or more of milk if you feel the cream is too thick.
Make Chocolate Cashew Cream
- Remove half the cashew cream from the blender jar and set aside. Add the tablespoon of cocoa to the remaining cashew cream in the blender, add 2 tablespoon of water, and blend again. Again, taste for sweetness, adding an extra date for added sweetness if desired, or even add another teaspoon of cocoa if more chocolate flavor is desired. Add an additional tablespoon of water if the cream appears too thick.1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Into two jars, crush the oreos for a bottom layer, then spoon the plain cashew cream and chocolate cashew cream in alternating layers. Sprinkle crushed oreos on top.4 oreo cookies
- Add whipped cream to a piping bag and tip, and create a spiral on the top of each parfait.½ cup whipped cream
- Serve chilled and enjoy!