These white tea plum popsicles promote weight loss and boost immunity thanks to white tea, a fruity, delicate tea that has so many nutritional benefits, even more than green tea.
White tea plum popsicles are freshing and healthy, and easy to make. The white tea gives them huge amounts of antioxidants, higher than green tea! Helps boost cardiovascular health, lower cholesterol, and promote weight loss. Plus, isn't white tea so pretty, when not steeped?
Why You'll Love This Recipe
White tea nutrition: White tea not only adds antioxidants, but also boosts cardio vascular health, lowers cholesterol and promotes weight loss. Pretty good for a popsicle.
Fruity and fresh: Thanks to the plums, these popsicles are sweet and delicious and full of fiber. Something about the sweet flavor of plums really elevates the bright herbal flavor of white tea. I also tossed citrus-tasting baobab into this recipe to increase the immunity power.
White tea. Make two cups using a quality tea bag or loose leaf. Allow to cool.
Lemon juice. Add to brighten the flavor and to add vitamin c to the popsicles.
Maple syrup. Or use your favorite liquid sweetener. If your plums are sweet enough, you may decide to forgo the syrup. Taste the popsicle mixture before freezing.
Plums. Use fresh, and choose either a mix of red and black, or whatever is in season for you. The sweeter the plums, the sweeter your popsicles.
Baobab powder. One of my favorite supplements for vitamin C. It has a citrus flavor but of course is optional.
Steps to Make
Step 1: Make the white tea: Steep two cups with tea bags or loose tea. Allow to cool.
Step 2: Prep plums: Wash, pit. Some will be chopped to blend with the tea, some will be sliced to add whole to each popsicle well.
Step 3: Blend up the ingredients, and pour into the molds. Poke a plum slice or two into each well.
Step 4: Freeze and enjoy!
The plums can be substituted for another stone fruit or even clementines.
The maple syrup can be left off, or swapped for another liquid sweetener.
Other Popsicle Recipes
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
White Tea Plum Popsicles
- Make white tea: Steep two cups with white tea, loose or tea bags, and let cool about 20 minutes.2 cups White tea
- Prepare plums: Wash, pit and slice the plums. Set aside 12 plum slices, about 2 per popsicle. You'll insert those into the popsicle mold later.6 plums
- Add the tea to a blender along with all ingredients - except for the plum slices you'll insert later - and blend to combine.2 cups White tea, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 4 teaspoon maple syrup, 1-2 tablespoon baobab Powder, 6 plums
- Pour the mixture into a mold. Add two plum slices into each popsicle well.
- Freeze for four hours or more.
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, run the bottoms under hot water, being careful to not get any water on the top. Slide them out. If they defrosted slightly, let them refreeze sitting on a parchment paper on a cookie sheet in the freezer for thirty minutes.