A creamy cookie dough fudge recipe made with white beans. This dairy-free fudge is high in protein and easy to make with just 5 ingredients. Enjoy a slow-burning, energizing snack that melts in your mouth.
My healthy cookie dough fudge is easy to make and each of the five ingredients is rich in nutrition. Plus no dairy, not heating things on the stove. Just throw it all in the blender and freeze in a pan. I added chocolate chips but you can also add nuts, white chocolate chips, or even butterscotch chips - the potential for customization is high!
White beans. Beans make make the fudge creamy and add protein and fiber. Use canned beans, choose no salt so you can control salt, and look for organic and a BPA-free can if possible. I have used cannellini beans, navy beans and great northern beans. Do not use chickpeas or pinto beans because they have a harder shell and will make the fudge grainy.
Cashews. Use raw or roasted, and choose unsalted. Soak these at least ten minutes in just boiled water, or over night if you want an extra cream texture.
Almond flour. Almond flour adds a vanilla cookie flavor, and of course protein. Also almond flour doesn't cause the high spikes in blood sugar that white flour does.
Sugar. Use organic cane sugar which is a less-processed form of white cane sugar and thus has better flavor. Regular cane sugar works as well.
Milk. Use canned coconut milk, lite for no coconut flavor. Any milk works though, I use coconut for the high-cream factor and because the oil in coconut milk prevents the fudge from freezing too hard.
Essentials: Chocolate chip mix-ins and vanilla. Use the best quality you have access to for flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
A detailed recipe is at the bottom of this post with measurements, but here are the general steps.
Preparation. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, open a can of white beans, drain and rinse, soften cashews by soaking them in just-boiled water for 20 minutes or overnight.
Step 1: Combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and combine into a smooth batter.
Step 2: Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Step 3: Pour the resulting batter into the loaf pan and freeze for one hour.
Refrigerate the fudge for one week, and store in the freezer for three months.
White beans. Use cannelli beans (15oz/425gms), canned or northern or navy beans.
Cashews. Use raw or roasted but unsalted. Soak them for 10 minutes in just boiled water, rinse and blend with beans into a puree.
Almond flour. Oat flour would also work, but almond tastes better.
Organic cane sugar. White cane sugar keeps the color light, but if you want a healthier sugar use coconut palm sugar, although color will turn darker tan. Organic has a better flavor.
Milk. Coconut milk helps increase the fudge cream factor. Use canned coconut milk, and choose refined for zero coconut flavor.
Chocolate chips. I used mini chips so I could cut the fudge cleaner, but regular size also work.
A few tips might help you make this fudge perfectly.
1. Add milk for smoothier batter. As you blend the mixture, you might need to add a tablespoon more of milk to allow the mixture to blend smoothly. I used a blender so I needed a bit more liquid. If you use a food processor, you might be able to get away with less.
2. Add chips to cool batter. The mixture you blend or process might be warmish, so I normally use a spatula to pull the batter out of the blender jar or food processor jar and into a mixing bowl. Then, I set that bowl into the frig to cool the batter for about 10 minutes. After that, I fold in the chips. That way they don't melt.
Other Cookie Dough Recipes
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Cookie Dough Fudge
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Open the can of white beans, drain and rinse using a strainer.1 can white beans
- Soften the cashews by sitting them in a pot of just boiled water for 20 minutes. You can also soak them overnight in the refrigerator for extra soft texture. Either way, strain them, and rinse before use.¾ cup cashews
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and combine into a smooth batter.1 can white beans, ½ cup almond flour, ¼ cup organic cane sugar, 3 tablespoon coconut milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ¾ cup cashews
- Fold in ⅓ cup mini chips.⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Pour the resulting batter into the loaf pan and freeze for one hour.
- Refrigerate the fudge for one week, and store in the freezer for three months.