These chocolate hazelnut truffles are delicious, easy to make, dairy free and vegan, and even balance hormones. The perfect afternoon booster.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
These chocolate hazelnut truffles have dark chocolate and use my homemade vegan nutella recipe. The core ingredients will boost your mood, and assist your sleep. They also have maca powder, a superfood known to balance hormones. And these cups are super easy to prepare.
Ingredients in These Truffles
The truffles are basically vegan nutella and chocolate. The chocolate, though, is quality dark chocolate, melted, and enhanced with vanilla for flavor and maca root for added nutritional benefits. Maca root is known to balance hormones, among other benefits.
And the benefits of dark chocolate are common knowledge, including heart healthy factors, mood boosters and even magnesium to help with sleep.
How Easy to Make Chocolate Truffles?
Very easy. To make these hazelnut chocolate truffles just melt some quality chocolate and layer it with my vegan nutella recipe here.
Set them in the freezer to set between each layer and store them refrigerated after that.
Here Are Other Truffle Recipes to Try
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Chocolate Spice Truffles
- Vegan Cookie Dough
- Easy Truffles Recipe
- Protein Ball Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Chickpea Snack
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Chocolate Hazelnut Cups
- Make the homemade Vegan Nutella Recipe ahead of time and refrigerate. Make sure at least ½ cup is at room temperature or a bit runny on the day you make this recipe. You can sit it in a hot water bath and stir, or microwave at 15 seconds and stir.Line a mini muffin pan with 12 paper cups.Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe measuring cup for 60 seconds. Stir until all chips are melted.
- Into the melted chocolate, stir in the maca powder, vanilla, and salt. Pour into the paper cups about ⅓ deep each. Set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Next, dollop on the vegan nutella, again filling each cup about ⅓. Put the cups back in the freezer to set, about 30 minutes.
- Finally pour on the remaining melted chocolate, and dust with any topping, either crush hazelnuts or grated chocolate, or even a dusting of cinnamon.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients and another immunity-boosting smoothie shot book, 4-Ingredient Smoothies + Juices , due out in January 2021. On this blog you'll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism, editor at The Feedfeed and a nutritional expert at WikiHow. More about Dee Dine here.