This snickers chia pudding has a smooth chocolate and nutty flavor, with a delicious caramel layer, just like the famed candy bar, and naturally vegan, gluten-free and made with healthy ingredients!
The recipe for this snickers chia pudding serves up all the elements of the Snicker's bar, including chocolate, caramel and peanut butter. And it's all packaged in the most protein-rich ingredient of them all - chia seeds.
You'll Love This Recipe
So easy to make. It's awesome when a protein-rich snack is easy to stir up in a bowl. That's this! Stir up, allow to chia seeds to gel, and enjoy! You'll love the taste of nut butter in this creamy layered pudding. Studies show that the combination of chocolate and a nutty flavor triggers a strong reaction in most taste-buds.
Protein-rich. The main ingredient in this peanuty pudding is chia seeds. And chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. Each tiny seed is loaded with fiber, protein, healthy fats, calcium and antioxidants. And the delicious seeds are loaded with disease-fighting Omegas.
- Milk. I used a creamy almond milk but you can use cashew milk, even full fat coconut milk or oat milk. Just beware of how sweetened it is and adjust accordingly the amount of sweetener you add to your pudding mixture.
- Cocoa powder. Use unsweetened, and regular, not dutch.
- Peanut butter. Choose a natural kind with only nuts in the ingredients.
- Maple syrup. Choose pure maple syrup, or agave or date paste or date syrup. This sweetener has a low glucose index and is high in iron.
- Vanilla extract.
- Chia seeds. Chia seeds are a seed, and enjoy a lot of adulation in the past decade. They are full of fiber, antioxidants, calcium and show support for reducing coronary heart disease.[NIH source]
Here are the general steps to make this snickers chia pudding at home. Find the detailed measurements and step by step video in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Make chia pudding.
1. Mix up all the ingredients for the chia pudding including chia seeds in a bowl.
2. Set the bowl in the refrigerator covered for 30 minutes.
3. Blend the mixture, and pour into 4 small glasses. Refrigerate while you make the caramel top.
Make the top caramel layer.
1. Add ingredients for the caramel to a measuring cup and microwave it for 15-25 seconds. Stir until smooth.
2. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the 4 glasses of chia pudding.
Store the jars in the refrigerator covered tightly for up to 3 days. You can freeze them in a sealed container for a month, but it will take a few hours to allow them to thaw.
The chia pudding layer doesn't have to be blended. Traditional chia pudding is just allowed to gel and then is ready to eat. You can skip the blending but the final pudding won't be smooth, it will have a gel quality.
Use a quality peanut butter because it will influence the flavor of both layers. You'll want a brand that has just nuts and oil and perhaps salt in the ingredient list. And you might have to stir the jar before measuring out the peanut butter if the nut butter and oil has separated.
What is chia pudding made of?
To make chia pudding, you need only milk and chia seeds. Stir them together and let the chia seeds absorb the milk, gel and your pudding is ready. You can eat it as is or add flavors and other ingredients.
Subscribe HERE to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Snickers Chia Pudding
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Peanut Butter Caramel
- ¼ cup (60g) peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60ml) dairy free milk
- Mix up all the ingredients including chia seeds in a bowl.1 cup (236ml) dairy free milk, 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ¼ cup chia seeds
- Set the bowl in the refrigerator covered for 30 minutes.
- Blend the mixture, and pour into 4 small glasses. Refrigerate while you make the caramel top.
Make the Caramel
- Add the nut butter, maple syrup and milk to a measuring cup and microwave it for 15-25 seconds. Stir until smooth.¼ cup (60g) peanut butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, ¼ cup (60ml) dairy free milk
- Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the 4 glasses of chia pudding.
- Store the jars in the refrigerator covered tightly for up to 3 days. You can freeze them in a sealed container for a month, but it will take a few hours to allow them to thaw.