These spicy Thai lettuce wraps are filled with a spicy mixture of orzo and veggies, tossed with a bright Thai peanut sauce. Easy to toss this dairy free, meat free meal together in 15 minutes.
These chilled Thai lettuce wraps are filled with veggies and pasta, tossed with a spicy peanut sauce. This mixture of shredded veggies, garlic, green onions, pine nuts, and pasta are served on fat butterhead lettuce leaves. Soon to become your favorite chilled side salad or barbecue bring-along, just like my chickpea cucumber salad or my zucchini pizza bites.
Why You'll Love These
Quick & easy side. These Thai lettuce wraps with pasta and peanut sauce are easy to make, just toss together the filling and they are addictive! Set them on a platter, and watch how guests can't resist them.
Hot & spicy. This Thai mixture is spicy with both peanut sauce and cayenne pepper. The butterhead lettuce is a great choice because of the mild flavor, but any large lettuce leaf works.
Works for any diet. These Thai lettuce wraps are veggie-forward, plant based, dairy free and vegan so everyone at your table can eat them.
Pasta. Use thin spaghetti or orzo
Cauliflower. Riced, steamed and cooled.
Vegetables. Chopped and shredded. I used purple cabbage, green onions, carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper.
Crunch elements. Pine nuts, cashews, sesame seeds.
Herbs. Parsley, basil leaves.
Lettuce leaves. Use butterhead lettuce, or iceburg lettuce.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
For more detail, visit the complete and printable recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Step 1: Make peanut sauce. Peel and crush the garlic cloves with a spoon or garlic press. Mix up the peanut sauce by stirring ingredients into a bowl.
Step 2: Boil the pasta al dente. Submerge in a pot of icy water to cool it fast. Chop into one-inch pieces. Toss in peanut sauce.
Step 3: Rinse large leaves of lettuce, and pat dry. Line on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or line a large storage container.
Step 4: Make the wraps. Chop and shred all remaining veggies. Toss them in with the pasta and peanut sauce until all are coated. Top with pine nuts, cashews and sesame seeds and toss again.
Serve & Store
Spoon ¼ cup filling on each lettuce leaf. Refrigerate until ready to serve. When spooned onto leaves, the wraps last about 1 day without wilting.
The salad however will last at least 3 days in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Other Fresh Sides
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Thai Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Thai Lettuce Wraps
- ½ cup thin spaghetti or orzo
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 8 green onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup cashews crushed
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6-8 lettuce leaves (butterhead or ice burg)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch black pepper
- pinch salt
- Make peanut sauce. Peel and crush the garlic cloves with a spoon or garlic press. Mix up the peanut sauce by stirring ingredients into a bowl.¼ cup rice vinegar, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoon peanut butter, 3 cloves garlic, pinch cayenne pepper, pinch black pepper, pinch salt
- Boil the pasta al dente. Submerge in a pot of icy water to cool it fast. Chop into one-inch pieces.½ cup thin spaghetti or orzo
- Rinse large leaves of lettuce, and pat dry. Line on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or line a large storage container.6-8 lettuce leaves (butterhead or ice burg)
Make the wraps
- Toss the pasta with the peanut sauce.
- Make the filling. Chop and shred all remaining veggies. Toss them in with the pasta and sauce until all are coated.1 cup riced cauliflower, 1 cup purple cabbage, 8 green onions, 1 carrot, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 orange pepper, ½ cup parsley, ½ cup basil leaves, ½ cup pine nuts, ¼ cup cashews, 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Sprinkle. Top with pine nuts, cashews and sesame seeds and toss again.