(Makes 3-5 personal cakes)
- 1 cups plant milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsps apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste (I use this brand)
Chocolate Cream Frosting (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp plant milk if needed to make it silky
2. Then make the cake batter base: Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl (except the cacao powder), and then mix the wet ingredients in a larger bowl (except the vanilla paste), and pour wet into dry. Use a mixer or stir by hand until mixture is smooth.
3. Divide the base into two halves, and stir the cacao powder into one half to make the chocolate batter and stir the vanilla paste into the other half to make the vanilla batter.
4. Pour chocolate batter into each coquette until 1/3 filled. Swirl another layer of vanilla batter until the coquette is 3/4 filled. Put the tiny pans uncovered directly onto the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick pulls clean.
5. Take them out of the oven with mitts, and let cool on a heat-protected surface.
6. We serve them directly in the cooled coquettes with a variety of toppings. Sometimes we just dust with cacao. Other times we make the chocolate cream frosting by mixing ingredients by hand.
Comment here or tag me on Instagram if you make any of these recipes! And if you want to share, use the sharing tabs above and below the recipe! Thank you!