These chocolate oat caramel cups have an oat crust, a creamy healthy caramel center made of dates and melted chocolate for a top.
This oatmeal cup is the perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack, and they are made with wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, almond flour, dates, and dark chocolate. Like my chocolate oatmeal bars and my peanut butter oatmeal bars, this is a treat you can feel good about.
Why You’ll Love Them
Vegan & dairy-free. If you need to reduce dairy or want a good plant-based fiber-filled snack, this is it. They are also
Naturally sweet. These oatmeal cups are filled with a delicious healthy caramel made with dates, so they don't require any refined sugar.
A great way to increase your oats. Oatmeals has become known for it's ability to energize, to support weight-loss because of satiation, and to reduce cholestrol, not a result often after a treat.
They’re easy to prepare. Just add the ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth, and pour into an ice pop mold to freeze until firm.
How to Make
1. Soak the dates and pit to prepare
2. Process crust ingredients, and press into a cupcake tin.
3. Blend up the center layer, a caramel cream made from dates, almond butter and more.
4. Top with melted dark chocolate. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid, and eat or freeze to store.
Keep them in a sealed container for one week in the refrigerator or freeze for three months. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before you want to eat them.
Store-bought caramel sauce can replace the dates, but date paste is easy to make and healthier. Learn more on my post about date paste here.
Maple syrup can replace date paste.
Other Date Recipes
Are you on Pinterest? Perhaps save the recipe there using this image...
I invite you to keep up with me on: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Food Gawker | Twitter
Don't miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
If you try my recipes, please leave a comment and rating below and tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @greensmoothiegourmet and #greensmoothiegourmet so I can see and share your remakes!!
Chocolate Oat Caramel Cups
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup dates, soaked and pitted
- 3 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (3.5oz) dark chocolate bar (I also love quality chocolate by HU, Valrhona, Pascha, and Eating Evolved)
- 1 12-cup mini cheese cake pan with removable bottoms (I used this brand
- Soak your dates for 10 minutes in a bowl of just boiled water.
- Blend almond flour, oats, oil, and syrup.½ cup almond flour, 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Press into a mini-cup pan or into mini-cupcake papers.
- Blend dates, butter, oil and salt.1 cup dates, soaked and pitted, 3 tablespoon almond butter, 3 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon salt
- Spoon onto crust, smooth with spoon.
- Break up the chocolate bars and microwave chunks in 45-second intervals, stirring in between.2 (3.5oz) dark chocolate bar
- Spoon onto the cream, and tap pan to even off the melted chocolate layer.
- Freeze 30 minutes or longer.
- Keep them in a sealed container for one week in the refrigerator or freeze for three months. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before you want to eat them.
These cups look so delicious, Dee!
Such a great recipe ❤️
Lots of love,
Dee Dine | Green Smoothie Gourmet
Aww thanks so much Bianca, thanks for stopping by! Dee xx
Have you subbedd anything for the almond flour? I have an almond allergy and wonder if oat flour will work.
Mary, I haven't tried oat flour, but I'm sure it would work. Only coconut flour would be too absorbent. Good luck!