This nutritious lemon smoothie jackfruit recipe is based on a tropical fruit that is unusual and a powerhouse of nutrition, including vitamins, minerals, such as iron, magnesium, potassium and manganese. The perfect beauty smoothie to support hair, skin and nails.
Lemon Smoothie Jackfruit Recipe
Jackfruit is a nutritional powerhouse with bucket-loads of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber, and minerals, such as iron, magnesium, potassium and manganese so important to all body processes but especially for beauty nutrition.
Did you know that citrus and jackfruit together can cleanse, energize and fight wrinkles?
Specifically lime juice provides vitamin C which improves your skin, supports weight loss, assists digestion, and even prevents kidney stones.
Lemon juice, of course, is high in vitamin C which is essential for healthy skin.
How Nutritious is Jackfruit?
Jackfruit is also known to fight wrinkles, reduce mental stress, and address skin issues.
I posted a jackfruit bbq recipe here and tell exactly what jackfruit is, where to find it, and how to cut it.
How to Find Jackfruit at the Supermarket
To summarize some of the information, green jackfruit or unripe jackfruit is typically bought in cans and used for savory recipes, such as meat-replacements.
However, this smoothie uses ripe jackfruit. I bought it frozen, but you can just use a ripe jackfruit and cut it down the way I explained here.
How Does Ripe Jackfruit Taste?
Sweet! That is why we use it in smoothies and desserts. The unripe jackfruit tastes more bland, perfect to adopt savory flavors in dishes like jackfruit BBQ sandwiches here.
If you can’t find jackfruit, you can substitute mango for texture and color but the nutritional benefits will be a bit different. Jackfruit has more protein and potassium than mango. However, mangos are a great source of antioxidants, those little disease-fighters.
I also love this recipe is particular because of the citrus scent and with the addition of fresh mint, it’s ability to allow you to unwind.
A true spa smoothie! I hope this smoothie brightens your mood as much as it brightened mine..
Here are a few more lemon recipes you might like:
Other Recipes to Try
Seven Lemon Water Recipes
Healthy Homemade Marzipan Recipe
Making Smoothies with Ice Cube Concentrates
5 Blender Wellness Shots
2-Ingredient Fruit Smoothies
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image…
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Lemon Smoothie Jackfruit Recipe (Support for Skin, Hair & Nails)
- 1 cup plant yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime juice (about half and half, possible add a few tbsp of fresh orange juice)
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen jackfruit (I buy mine at a general supermarket or Whole Foods)
- A few mint sprigs
- Extract the juice from your lemons, limes and oranges. One lemon typically produces 2-4 tbsp of juice. A lime produces 1-2 tbsp. Once you have about 1/4 cup of citrus juice, blend that up with the yogurt.Pour 1/3 of the yogurt into the bottom of two jars.
Make Jackfruit Recipe
- Blend up the remaining yogurt with the mango and thawed jackfruit. Taste-test. If you would prefer it sweeter, add a tbsp or two of fresh orange juice.
- Pour the mango-jackfruit mixture on top of the yogurt in the jars.Add a sprig of mint and take a bite of mint while drinking the smoothie chilled.
- I have made this the prior night and refrigerated it for a refreshing morning smoothie.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in biology, immunology and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.