A sweet and salty granola smoothie made with 5 ingredients, and flecked with a fiber-filled nutty granola with a surprising creamy thick texture thanks to milk ice cubes and cauliflower.
This granola smoothie is sweet like a date shake, but salty like a pretzel, and even has a crunch. This creamy smoothie is easy to make with just 5 ingredients, including cauliflower. If you like veggies in smoothies, you might like my chocolate smoothie which uses avocado for the creamy texture. For a fruity vegetable smoothie try my broccoli smoothie with fruit.
Why You'll Love It
High fiber. This smoothie is full of fiber thanks to the granola, apple and cauliflower.
Thick creamy texture. Thanks to the frozen milk cubes, and cauliflower, you have a thick luscious texture. The addition of vanilla makes it close to a date shake in flavor.
Perfect for all diets. This granola smoothie without yogurt is full of calcium and protein found in dairy smoothies, and yet is refined-sugar-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Granola - Choose a granola that is low in sugar, free of refined-sugar and full of healthy ingredients. Or make your own.
Apple - chopped apple adds sweetness and more fiber. Pears work well too.
Cauliflower - This thickens the smoothie but a sweet banana is also perfect.
Milk, Milk ice cubes - Any dairy free milk works.
Vanilla - To bring out the vanilla caramel flavor of the granola.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Steps to Make
For more detail, visit the complete and printable recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Step 1. Prep your ingredients. If using cauliflower, microwave a bag of plain riced or chopped cauliflower and let in cool in the refrigerator.
Step 2. Add all ingredients to your blender.
Step 3. Blend until creamy. Drink right away or store overnight, or freeze in ice cube trays and blend another day.
1. Use your favorite milk, I used almond milk.
2. You need to cook the cauliflower and let it cool for this smoothie. The most convenient is to steam a bag of microwavable cauliflower, either florets or plain riced. Just be sure you chose an unflavored version.
3. Try to use a quality vanilla. I recommend paste but powder or a fresh vanilla bean is perfect as well.
4. The best granola is a sweet-salty one.
This granola smoothie tastes just like granola - both salty and sweet, buttery and like a cookie depending on the granola you choose.
Yes, add berries, peanut butter or seeds for texture.
Yes, some specks might remain but it will be delicious.
Adding granola to a smoothie adds fiber, protein, healthy fats and antioxidants, depending on the granola you choose.
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Smoothie
- Best Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Beet Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
How to Make a Granola Smoothie
- Measuring cups & spoons
- ice cube tray
- ½ cup granola
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- ½ cup milk ice cubes or chilled milk
- ½ cup cauliflower, steamed & cooled or use a small frozen banana
- ½ cup apple not peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- I like to freeze my milk in ice cube trays for my smoothies that require milk. But it's not essential; chilled milk is also fine.
- Steam cauliflower, and refrigerate until cool, or freeze a peeled banana.
- Blend up the ingredients.½ cup dairy-free milk, ½ cup milk ice cubes
- Enjoy within the day!