These decadent chocolate cups with cream vanilla centers are a chocolate joy! And they are healthy! Refined sugar-free, gluten-free, plant-fueled, and raw!
The chocolate shell is built with healthy dark chocolate, which is known for it’s ability to stem appetites, to ward off depression and tons of other fiber and nutrients. And of course the cream is based on nutrition-rich coconuts. Enjoy a chocolate vacation with this rich creamy truffle!
Make them in standard cupcake size as I have here, or mini for double the number.
Either way, I hope you find my recipe useful!
makes 12 standard cupcake-sized cups or 24+ mini cup cake-size
- 3 3.5 oz vegan chocolate bars, chopped (I use this brand, PETA says its vegan)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted (optional to make chocolate viscous, depends on your brand)
Whipped Vanilla Cream Center
1. Refrigerate the 2 cans of coconut cream overnight (Or use your favorite regular coconut milk; chilled and liquid poured off reveal only the coconut cream)
2. Blend with syrup or sugar, vanilla paste and coconut butter until stiff and creamy. Taste test for sweetness to your liking.
3. Refrigerate while you make the chocolate.
1. Melt the broken chocolate in double boiler or a pan in a pan of boiling water. Stir in coconut oil if needed.
2. Fill a 12-cup standard cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Then spoon a few tbsp of liquid chocolate shell into each cup, tipping each cup to coat the sides. The chocolate will harden very fast, so tip fast! I do two coatings, letting the first coat solidify – so the wall is thick enough to hold the cream.
TIP: Hold back enough melted chocolate to pour a little cover on all cups.
1. Refrigerate the cupcake pan of chocolate-coated cups for 15 minutes to set. Then use an ice cream scoop to add the vanilla cream to fill each cup.
2. Then spoon on top of each cup a layer of the melted remaining chocolate shell.
3. Set the cups in the freezer for an hour or more to solidify the vanilla cream. But beware the freezer dulls chocolate. Keep refrigerated or even frozen if they seem to melt in the frig.
4. Peel off the foil to serve. Serve cups whole, or slice. Enjoy and prepare for a chocolate party in your mouth.