Chocolate frozen yogurt cups, a 2 ingredient recipe made in under half an hour with snappy chocolate shell filled with a light chilled vanilla cream yogurt center. An easy, dairy free dessert.
These chocolate frozen yogurt cups are filled with a fluffy sweet yogurt cream encased in dark chocolate. It's nutrition-rich and high in protein, and the chocolate shell is built with healthy dark chocolate.
How to Make
Just mixed up a creamy yogurt center, and melt chocolate chips. Coat the insides of cupcake liners, either 6 full size or 12 minis - with chocolate. Let them solidify, about 15 to 30 minutes. Then mix up the cream center and spoon it in. Top each with a cap of chocolate and let that solidify.
Be careful peeling off the liners. Foil works better than paper.
I mixed an almond yogurt with a bit of milk and stirred in some sugar.
How Healthy is Chocolate?
Dark chocolate is rich in nutrients including fiber, iron, magnesium and copper. And it is considered one of the best sources of antioxidants - right up there with blueberries. Cacao is made from the seed of the cocoa tree. All this gloriousness from a simple seed.
Studies show dark chocolate can improve your overall health and support your heart health.
I have made these cups with many brands of chocolate, including dairy free Enjoylife. But you can use your favorite. Just try for at least 60% cacao if not higher, and few ingredients. You are looking for "dark chocolate", that typically aligns with fewer additives.
How to Make Chocolate Cup Snappy
Sometimes I add a tablespoon of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate coating and make it more snappy. That means you probably need to keep the cups refrigerated or even frozen. But it really depends on the chocolate brand you use. I have used Lindt, HU and Enjoylife dairy free chips. Enjoylife especially doesn't need the coconut oil to set thin and snappy.
How Long Do Homemade Truffles Last?
Keep these yogurt cups two weeks refrigerated, or frozen up to three months. Make them in standard cupcake size as I have here, or mini for double the number.
And here are other truffle recipes:
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Chocolate Spice Truffles
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Easy Truffles Recipe
- Protein Ball Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Chickpeas
Good luck and tag me on Instagram if you make it! Or share to other social media.
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Cups (2 ingredient)
Whipped Vanilla Cream Center
- 2 cups yogurt I used almond yogurt
Make the Chocolate Shell
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave at 60 seconds. Stir warmed chocolate until all chocolate is melted.1 cup chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Insert cupcake liners into either a 6-cup standard cupcake pan or 12 mini-cupcake pan .
- Spoon several tablespoon of melted chocolate shell into each cup, tipping each cup to coat the sides. The chocolate will harden very fast, so tip fast! I do two coatings, letting the first coat solidify - so the wall is thick enough to hold the cream. Hold back enough melted chocolate to pour a cover on all cups.
- Let chocolate cups harden in the refrigerator about 15 minutes, longer if you have a thick wall of chocolate.
- Spoon the chilled yogurt into each chocolate cup, pressing gently to remove bubbles. I overfilled each cup a bit to create a dome. Freeze the cups 30 minutes to solidify the cream.2 cups yogurt
- Spoon on top of each cup a layer of the remaining chocolate shell. You might have to melt the chocolate again slightly to make it spoonable. But try to let it cool to room temperature before spooning it on the chilled yogurt.
- Set the cups in the freezer for 30 minutes to solidify the cream. Then refrigerate after that.
- When ready to eat, peel off the paper cup to serve. Serve cups whole, or slice. Enjoy and prepare for a chocolate party in your mouth.