Easy overnight oats recipes to make the best grab and go breakfasts. These seven flavors make budget meals with protein, fiber, and flavor.
These easy overnight oats are the perfect breakfast choice to energize, build and repair muscle, boost digestion and even support optimum weight. Make a jar the night before and in the morning you can grab a breakfast full of nutrition to energize your day. Like my chocolate smoothie and my strawberry smoothie, and my watermelon pizza, overnight oats are an easy and nutritious way to launch the day.
Why You'll Love These Recipes
Seven delicious flavors. Here are seven different flavors using fruits, such as raspberries, and vegetables such as carrots and cauliflower, and some unusual flavors such as rose water and a mint fudge sauce.
Easy and inexpensive breakfast. Any one of these recipes cost under a dollar if you keep to minimal additions. And they are so easy to make, just add to a jar and stir.
Nutritional Powerhouse. Overnight oats are full of nutrition including protein, fiber, immunity booster, lower blood sugar, better cholesterol levels, skin support, constipation cure, reduced blood pressure and digestion support.
What are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats is a quick meal that is made by mixing rolled oats and milk together, then refrigerating overnight so they make a pudding-like texture. You can add mix-ins to create flavors. I provide seven flavors below in my recipe card.
1. Rolled oats: Use old fashioned rolled oats, not quick oats or steel cut oats. Oat are naturally gluten-free but can be contaminated so I use a brand that processes oats in a GF certified facility such as Bob's Red Mill.
2. Chia seeds: The mucilage they create increase hydration and the seeds is rich with nutrition, protein and fiber.
3. Dairy-free milk: You can use any milk or even water.
4. Lemon juice: Necessary to brighten the flavor and to deactivate phytates in oats that sometimes interfere with digestion.
5. Maple syrup: To sweeten, although date paste or date syrup works as well.
7 Different Flavors
In the recipe below I provide you with a basic overnight oats recipe that you can turn into the following 6 other flavors:
Zucchini Bread with raw zucchini, pears, cinnamon and ginger.
Chocolate Quinoa with cooked quinoa, cocoa powder, maple syrup and cinnamon
Rosewater Raspberry with raspberries and rose water
Mint Fudge Cauliflower with cauliflower rice, cocoa and a homemade mint chocolate sauce.
Tropical Mango with fresh mango, coconut and orange juice.
Carrot Cake with carrots, date paste and pumpkin spice.
Steps to Make
1: Add all ingredients to a jar, cover and shake or stir with a spoon to break up clumps, and
2: Eat right away or refrigerate overnight.
3: The next morning, stir and eat chilled. You can also add chopped fruit, chocolate chips and more toppings the next day, and stir them in.
How to Store
You can make three overnight oat jars at once and keep them in the refrigerator and eat one a day. Don't keep them longer than three days or they begin to taste slimy.
1. Make them in a covered jar and then they are transportable. Here are my favorite jars for overnight oats.
2. You can warm your oats in the morning if you prefer a warm breakfast. Just microwave for about 30 seconds and stir.
Overnight Oats FAQS
Are oats overnight good for weight loss?
Yes because they have a high fiber content that makes you feel full longer.
Why add chia seeds overnight oats?
Adding chia to your oats adds nutrition that benefits just about every body process. In that way, they are similar to nutritious avocados. Chia seeds encourage hydration because they can absorb up to 10 times their weight, also making your oats creamier and thicker, and keep you full longer.
What is the secret to overnight oats?
The secret is creating a ratio that works for you. Typically it is 1 to 1 with a balance of oats and milk and then additions. But if you want a dryer meal, add less milk; a wetter one, add more.
Other Oat Recipes
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image...
I invite you to keep up with me on: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Food Gawker | Twitter
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Easy Overnight Oats (7 flavors)
Basic Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup zucchini, chopped or spiralized, raw
- ¼ cup pears, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Chocolate Quinoa Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa*
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Rosewater Raspberry Overnight Oats
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ teaspoon rose water
Mint Fudge Cauliflower Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup cauliflower rice, steamed and cooled
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon mint chocolate sauce**
Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- 2 tablespoon chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon date paste Use my date paste recipe.
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Make Base Overnight Oats
- Add all ingredients to a jar, stir to break up clumps, and eat right away or let it sit covered overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.½ cup rolled oats, ½ cup dairy free milk, ½ tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon yogurt
Make Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
- Mix up the base overnight oat recipe, and add ingredients for zucchini bread oats. Eat right away or let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.¼ cup zucchini, chopped or spiralized, raw, ¼ cup pears, chopped, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
Make Chocolate Quinoa Overnight Oats
- Mix up the base overnight oat recipe, and add ingredients for chocolate quinoa oats. Eat right away or let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.¼ cup cooked quinoa*, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Make Mint Fudge Cauliflower Overnight Oats
- Mix up the base overnight oat recipe, and add ingredients for mint fudge cauliflower oats. Eat right away or let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.¼ cup cauliflower rice, steamed and cooled, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 tablespoon mint chocolate sauce**
Make Rosewater Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Mix up the base overnight oat recipe, and add ingredients for chocolate quinoa oats. Eat right away or let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.½ cup raspberries, ½ teaspoon rose water
Make Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- Mix up the base overnight oat recipe, and add ingredients for tropical mango oats. Eat right away or let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.2 tablespoon chopped mango, 1 tablespoon orange juice
Make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Mix up the base overnight oat recipe, and add ingredients for carrot cake oats. Eat right away or let it chill overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning, stir and eat.¼ cup grated carrots, 1 tablespoon date paste, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
**Mint Fudge Cauliflower Overnight Oats: To make a mint fudge sauce, mix 1 tablespoon cocoa powder + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil + 1 tablespoon maple syrup + ½ teaspoon peppermint extract or add ½ teaspoon peppermint extract to your favorite store-bought chocolate sauce.
Nutritional Information. The nutritional values are for the basic overnight oats recipe only. Use an online calculator to calculate values for any specific flavor.
Wow Dee! You are so creative, I love all of these amazing overnight oat creations. I think my favorites are #3 : MAYAN CHOCOLATE QUINOA OATS and #7 : CARROT CAKE DATE OATS. Such a healthy and delicious treat. 🙂
Ela! You are so sweet! I LOVE the Mayan flavor, I think I eat it entirely too often (haha)! And my husband loves the carrot cake date flavor, so this is so cute! You'd fit right into our household! Have a lovely week my friend! Dee xx
Oh wow these all sound so good and special! Love your twists on them! And I also like your new design- sorry I haven't stopped by since a longer time. 😘
That is so nice Verena, so happy like the flavors - it is such a fun breakfast, isn't it? And glad you like the changes, so happy you dropped by. Have a beautiful week sweetie! Dee xx.
Hi lovely Dee, what for delicious overnight oats ✨💜 These look fantastic. Hugs Klara xx
Klara! Well thank you so much! Love the purple starry icons, and your message is heart-warming! Have a lovely day! Dee xxxx