A healthy cauliflower smoothie with the nutritional boost from hidden veggies, tropical flavor and kid-friendly too. No one will taste the cauliflower and mushrooms in this frosty sweet smoothie.
This cauliflower smoothie showcases all that cauliflower can do! It's in cauliflower pizza crusts, cauliflower brownies, cauliflower popsicles and now smoothies. The addition of cauliflower boosts the smoothie's nutrition and adds a creamy texture. Sweetened by mango, and made tropical by coconut water, this smoothie is fresh and fun. Love tropical smoothies? Try my Pineapple Smoothie, or even my Smoothie Cubes for a rainbow affair.
- strawberries - Fresh or frozen.
- mango - Fresh or frozen. This is your sweetener ingredient.
- cauliflower - Steam and cool, or rice.
- cucumber - Peel or the smoothie will be bitter. This is optional, leave off for children.
- lemon juice - Lemon or lime juice. From a bottle, use organic or fresh.
- coconut water - Use unsweetened coconut water, or milk.
- white mushrooms - Wash and use raw. These are optional, they add folate.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Steps to Make
For more detail, visit the complete and printable recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Prepare the cauliflower, pick a way.
1: Boil or steam fresh or frozen cauliflower, allow to cool before adding to blender.
2. Add frozen raw cauliflower directly to blender.
3. Add riced raw cauliflower directly to the blender.
step 1: Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to steam and cool the cauliflower.
step 2: Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it thinner.
step 3: Serve chilled and drink the same day.
1. You can buy riced cauliflower in the freezer section of the grocery store which is convenient and blends well.
2. Feel free to skip the cucumber, and swap the mango for another sweet fruit such as apple or kiwi or pear or another melon.
3. Freeze fruits to keep the drink frosty.
4. Don't add any more liquid then necessary to blend; you don't want to dilute your smoothie.
Cauliflower is incredibly healthy. It's super high in fiber and B-vitamins. And a recent NIH study found that the stuff is full of antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against disease. And it has a ton of fiber that supports weight-loss and digestion. But that's not all.
It tastes like a tropical milkshake especially if you use coconut water. The cucumber can add a bit of a green flavor, so for children, I would leave that out. The cauliflower and mushroom tastes disappear.
As are all my smoothies, this smoothie recipe is vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Homemade Creamsicles (Cauliflower)
- Cauliflower Shiitake Stir Fry
- Cauliflower Ice Cream
- Cauliflower Protein Snacks
- Cauliflower Brownies
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
- Be sure the strawberries and mango are frozen.
- Wash the two white mushrooms.
- Prepare the cauliflower in one of three ways:*1: Boil or steam fresh or frozen cauliflower, allow to cool before adding to blender.2. Add frozen raw cauliflower directly to blender.3. Add riced raw cauliflower directly to the blender.1 cup cauliflower
- Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to be sure the cauliflower is steamed and thaw frozen fruit 5 minutes.1 cup frozen strawberries, ½ cup frozen mango, ¼ cup cucumber, ¼ cup lemon juice, ½ cup coconut water, 2 white mushrooms, 1 cup cauliflower
- Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it more liquidy.
- Serve chilled and drink the same day.