Six fruit smoothies made with only 2 ingredients including veggies, leafy greens, dragon fruit, acai berry, chocolate and spices. Perfect for beginners since they are mild to the taste and full of nutrition.
Start your day off right with the easiest fruit smoothies with two ingredients. Six flavors! Perfect for beginners. Breakfast is fast, easy and nutritious with these easy fruit smoothie recipes. If you love easy smoothies with more ingredients, consider my ultimate green smoothie, my creamy strawberry smoothie and my tropical jackfruit smoothie.
But back to my 2 ingredient smoothies. You might be sniggering behind your hand, 2 ingredients a smoothie don't make! So feel free to use these 2 ingredient recipes as a launching pad for your own custom created smoothie.
Why You'll Love These
It's easy to build 2-ingredient fruit smoothies with a fruit and a protein base such as yogurt or a vegetable. You can also start with a 2-ingredient smoothie and boost it with chocolate, spices, and even nuts, seeds and protein powder.
Simple fruit smoothies are high in protein and daily nutrients, and super easy to put together which whatever you have in your refrigerator.
Here are the ingredients needed per smoothie. Most likely you'll have some or most of these ingredients already at hand. If not, I offer substitutions further down.
Chai Banana Smoothie (potassium, good for joints)
- banana, frozen
- dairy free milk
- chai spices, either buy it ready-made or mix cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg
Dragon Fruit Acai Smoothie (fiber, protein)
- dairy free yogurt
- dragon fruit and acai berry, both are found frozen in packets in the freezer section
Dark Chocolate Shake (mood boosting magnesium)
- silken tofu or yogurt
- dark chocolate chips, melted
Banana Veggie Smoothie (fiber, micronutrients)
- 1 banana chopped and frozen'
- ½ cup zucchini or cauliflower. Uncooked and unpeeled.
Berry Milk Shake (antioxidants, protein)
- dairy free milk
- berries, choose blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
Spinach Mango Smoothie (iron, fiber)
- knife, to chop fruits and vegetables
Step by Step Instructions
1. Prepare the fruit or vegetables. In most cases it's best to freeze the fruit beforehand so the drink will be frosty.
2. Add both ingredients per smoothie to a blender. You might have to add milk of your choice to help your blend process but I suggest you start with 1 tablespoon at a time as to not over liquify your drink.
3. Taste your smoothie, and decide whether it needs more sweetening. If so, add date paste by the tablespoon or more fruit.
4. Boost your smoothie by adding anything from the list below. Process again, and enjoy the smoothie.
Make Ahead & Storage
You can make these smoothies 2 days ahead and keep them refrigerated. If you want to keep them longer, pour them into ice cube trays, freeze, and toss 4-5 cubes in a glass the night before, refrigerate it overnight and stir the smoothie the next morning. Here is my smoothie cubes recipe post to give you more detail on that process and 6 new smoothie cube recipes.
Boost the Smoothies
For protein, add chia seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds all of which are high in protein, fiber and omega-3s. Choose one and add 1 tablespoon to your smoothie
For healthy fats, add avocado, coconut butter or nut butter. Add 1-2 tablespoons of each per smoothie.
For healthy protein, add white beans, chickpeas, yogurt and tofu. Add about ¼ cup per smoothie to add up to 5 grams of protein per smoothie.
For vegetables, add carrots, cucumber, zucchini, cauliflower, leafy greens, or pumpkin puree, about ¼ cup per smoothie.
Boost with oats. Add 2 tablespoons of rolled oats, or make overnight oats and add 2 tablespoons of those per smoothie. Need an overnight oats recipe? Here is a set of 7 Overnight Oats Recipes!
1.Taste test these smoothies and adjust to your taste. That is the beauty of custom homemade smoothies, you can make them taste exactly as you want.
2.If you boost your smoothie, write down the combination of ingredients you end up with so you can make your own smoothie again.
3. Be sure to freeze at least one ingredient so the smoothie is frosty in texture.
What are the best ingredients to put in a smoothie?
The best ingredients to put in a smoothie include fruit, vegetables, water and healthy fats such as yogurt, peanut butter or coconut butter. Read more in my how to make a healthy smoothie post with downloadable smoothie ingredient chart.
What is the healthiest liquid to put in a smoothie?
Water is the healthiest liquid, then coconut water because it adds electrolytes and lastly, milk, dairy free or your favorite.
Other Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Chocolate Beet Smoothie
- Cauliflower Smoothie
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Smoothie Cubes
- Wellness Shots
- Jackfruit Smoothie
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Six Fruit Smoothies (2-ingredients)
Chai Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 banana chopped and frozen
- 1 tablespoon chai spices (either buy ground chai spices or mix up your own: ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground cloves, ground nutmeg)
Dragonfruit Acai Smoothie
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt
- ½ packet each of dragon fruit and acai berry (frozen) (both found in packets in grocery store freezer section)
Dark Chocolate Shake
- 1 cup silken tofu or dairy free yogurt
- ½ chocolate chips melted
Banana Veggie Smoothie
- 1 banana chopped and frozen
- ½ cup carrots or zucchini or cucumber or cauliflower Uncooked and unpeeled is fine for all. Cauliflower texture might be creamier if it is steamed as rice first and cooled. Cucumber might be less bitter if peeled.
Berry Milk Shake
- ¾ cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup berries - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries
Spinach Mango Smoothie
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 cup mango
How to Make Smoothies
- Choose your favorite recipe.
- Gather your ingredients and add them to a blender.
- These two ingredients per smoothie are a perfect start, but feel free to throw in 2-3 more ingredients, choosing from what you have available and based on my smoothie add-in list in my blog post.
- Add the liquid to the blender first, than add in fruits, veggies or other and blend until creamy.
When To Make Smoothie
- Make the smoothie either day of or the night before and refrigerate to drink in the morning.You can also make large batches, and create smoothie ice cubes using the method in my smoothie ice cube concentrate recipes.